Our foster and adoption program depends on volunteers! A number of tasks are required to secure new, loving homes for the senior dogs who come into our care:
- We collect and transport the dog – usually to a foster home.
- A process to evaluate health and behavior issues begins with visit to a vet clinic – with possible ongoing therapies and treatments to follow.
- We seek people who will adopt, verifying the safety and security of the home through either a virtual or on-site visit.
- We arrange for meeting with the dog – including potential transport to the new home.
- We stay in touch, providing help as needed. This includes assistance with bathing, exercise, behavior issues, health and nutrition advice, and transport as needs require.
- Over the dog’s life, we follow up to offer help if needed and ensure that the forever home is what everyone hoped for.
This work is all done by people who love dogs and want to volunteer their time and energy. We need committed support from volunteers: anywhere from a few hours a month to more responsibility that requires more time. This help ensures our rescue process–the assessment and interim care period (foster homes), placement and follow-up–all work together to ensure we provide senior dogs with quality care and love in the latter phases of their lives.
Please find the area(s) that interest you on the following form – and get it back to us! You are always very welcome and you will be a hero!
Complete The Volunteer Form Now!