Top Dog Sanctuary (Bentley’s Place)
Because every dog deserves a great life
Top Dog Foundation will create a facility for approximately 100-120 senior dogs who have lost all other options. This sanctuary is designed to breathe new quality into the lives of senior dogs whose health may require a level of care that fits within a sanctuary more than a private home.
Some dogs come to us when owners pass away or move to assisted living. Others arrive from shelters and rescue groups, and still others are found fending for themselves as strays. Top Dog Foundation’s foster and adoption program attempts to find a senior person or family who would enjoy the companionship of a senior dog. Other senior dogs, whose health issues are such that they need more care and cannot find an adopter, can live out their lives in the sanctuary once it is developed and built. This senior living facility was inspired by a small rescued Sheltie (see Bentley’s Legacy).
Well-socialized dogs may room together in suites with 5 or 6 other dogs who enjoy each other’s company. Group activities will keep them engaged, including walking trails and an indoor park for bad weather. Weekly checkups and appropriate therapies will ensure their health needs are managed.
Accommodations will include:
- 10,000-15,000 sq. ft. building
- Private / Group suites for 100-120 dogs
- Veterinary clinic and convalescent care
- Hydrotherapy/ultrasound therapy
- 20,000 square foot outdoor park
- Indoor park
- Training center
- Top Dog Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded completely through private donations and corporate sponsorship.
- Construction will be funded with donations of cash, goods & services, labor, and private and corporate sponsorship.
- Ongoing funding will be supported by revenues from the medical clinic, hydrotherapy and training centers, and the crematory.
The medical clinic can support the residents of Top Dog Foundation plus dogs from community residents. It ideally will provide internship opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full-size indoor pool, an underwater treadmill, and ultrasound therapy services will be open to the residents and outside clients, and will provide educational partnership opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full training center will provide services to the general public including private and group classes and AKC-level competition trials.
Compassionate, private cremation services will be offered to the general public and support veterinary clinics / pet hospitals.